1. Travelling to Switzerland. I fell in love with the country instantly. I can’t wait to go back! (There’s already a plan in the works!)
2. Art On Ice 2015. All the artistry involved was just breath-taking. I remember being so impressed immediately after the show and I’ve got to say that now I feel maybe even more impressed than before. The amount of work, love, passion and joy that must have been put into each and every one of those programmes is gigantic. And seeing all these people I admire so much give it their all is incredibly inspirational.
3. Taking my little sister to London for the first time ever. It was such a special time and I was so happy I could take them to some of my favourite London spots and see how they are falling in love with the city more and more every minute.
4. Our trip to Rome. Just me, my sister Zuzana and our mum. I had never been there before and I was astounded by its beauty. I definitely want to go back and explore more!
5. My friend Svatava’s wedding. It was a big, amazing summer party!
Honourable mention: all my parties/evenings out/coffee dates with my friends. This year I’ve been grateful for their love, support and understanding more than ever.
6. My holidays in Turkey. I finally relaxed, got some proper sleep and also some much-needed peace of mind and motivation for the months to come.
7. Skating. I can barely put into words how happy I am every single time I put on my skates and step on the ice. I’m learning slowly due to a lack of a coach right now as well as the limited ice time… but I’m learning and progressing. There are things I am able to do now that a year ago I wouldn’t have thought possible. Figure skating has brought so much joy into my life, as well as lessons in patience and perseverance that I’d clearly needed.
8. All my walks with Eda. I spent so much time outside with her this year and it was more fun than I’d ever thought it would be.
9. My Christmas trip to London. Ice skating, carol singing at Royal Albert Hall, lots of mulled everything, visiting all the places I love and some new ones and just feeling super festive and happy in a city I love so much. What a perfect last trip of the year!
10. Christmas with my family. It is so important to me to spend this time of the year with them and I honestly don’t remember a merrier Christmas. I’m very grateful to everyone who contributed to that!
These were just 10 of the amazing things that happened this year. There were definitely many more. It’s absolutely incredible how much I have to be thankful for. Even though 2015 obviously had some not-so-good moments, overall it’s been a pretty wonderful year. I hope 2016 will be at least just as good. For my part, I definitely do promise to try!
What were your top moments of 2015?